REQUIREMENTS FOR PUPPY ADOPTION
Families must fill out a pre-puppy placement questionnaire/application for puppy adoption. We will thoroughly review the application. Click here for our Puppy Application
A signed health warranty/contract. We do require that you agree to sterilize your puppy by their 8 month birth date, no exceptions. Sterilization options include traditional spay/neuter, or ovary sparing spay and vasectomy. 2017HealthWarrantySPAYNEUTERContract
PUPPY RETAINER FEE- $500.00
Litter reservation retainers are required for puppy adoption and to reserve a spot on a reservation list. We will accept personal check or PAYPAL for the payment. The final puppy fee balance may only be made by wire transfer. PLEASE NOTE*** Reainers are refundable ONLY if we are unable to provide you with a puppy that suits what you have indicated wanting within a year of submission of your application. If you are on a reservation list for a specific dog and the litter does not have what you’ve indicated wanting, then you will be moved to the next available reservation list. In addition, please be aware that by signing and submitting the application, you are agreeing to the “no refund of retainer” policy.
Retainers are applied to the total puppy adoption fee. PAYPAL button for retainer below to email@example.com . By check to the address below the PAYPAL button.
Please make payable to Spring Creek Labradoodles and mail to:
P.O. Box 427
Creswell, OR 97426
PUPPY ADOPTION FEE – $3,000.00. NO SALES TAX IN OREGON!
Initial litter reservation retainer fee will be deducted from this amount when the final payment is due. Puppy adoption fee includes: ALAA registration, Microchip, first worming treatments, one or two health exams by our veterinarian, and a packet of starter items that includes a leash, collar, training treats, Nylabone chew, stuffed animal toy, and dog food. Please read our information at the bottom of the page that explains about puppy adoption fees and quality of dogs bred.
****PUPPY FEE for our F1B or F2 generation Labradoodle puppies is $2,000.00. This includes all the same things as with the Australian Labradoodle puppies.
PICKING UP YOUR PUPPY or HAVING US HAND DELIVER TO YOU
We look forward to meeting you and plan a group pick up date for each litter. The date and time will be set months in advance, so you have time to plan your schedule and make travel arrangements out to visit us, if you are further away than a car trip. It is a fun time to meet the other puppy families, see where the puppies have been raised, and maybe even see a little bit of beautiful Oregon! If you do decide to make a trip of it, we can recommend some great sightseeing options. *****If you plan a trip with children, the actual puppy pick up meeting is adults only. This is to ensure our group meeting goes smoothly and without distractions.
Should customers not be able to pick up their puppy in person, we can sometimes hand deliver the puppy to them. Customers who want us to hand deliver would cover the round trip airfare for our flight + $250.00 for our time. If you’d like to consider hand delivery, let us know as soon as possible.
SENDING A PUPPY BY AIR CARGO
Although we prefer for customers to pick up their puppy in person, or arrange for us to hand deliver, we are willing to look at flight options to send your puppy by air to you. The shipping fee you will pay covers the shipping crate ($50), USDA paperwork for flying ($55), airfare ($250-$300), and reimbursing our time off work and travel costs for a full day round trip to the airport, or our cost for hiring someone to make the trip for us ($175.00). Total shipping fee is $600.00.
Please be aware that there are many things that affect our ability to send a puppy by air. Temperature restrictions at certain times of the year or with certain states/locations, embargoes put into place during holidays, and other airline restriction/requirement issues. We live three hours away from the airport. Delivering a puppy for a flight requires a full day of travel for us in addition to the time spent with the paperwork at the cargo facility.
Flight cancellations do happen. If we are unable to find another option that is available that day with all of the animal requirements/restrictions, we will return back home. At that point, you will be responsible for figuring out picking up your puppy in person, preferably within the next three days. There will be a $75.00 daily fee charged for any puppy remaining with us longer than three days past the time they were scheduled to leave.
HOW THE SPRING CREEK PUPPY ADOPTION PROCESS WORKS
- Submit an application.
- Once we’ve approved an application, customers will be asked to send a deposit to reserve a puppy from the litter they are interested in.
- Watch the website availability page for updates. As girls are bred and we have that information available, we will put the expected birth date on that page.
- Review the information on our website to prepare for your puppy as you wait for the litter to be bred and born.
- Once the litter is born, we will email out a birth announcement, picture, and information within 48 hours of the birth of the litter.
- Every two week birth date we will email out new pictures and information.
- We will do full assessments of the litter and when puppies are 6 weeks of age we will send each family information on the puppy or puppies in the litter that suite all the criteria they are looking for.
- Spring Creek reserves the right to select two puppies from every litter as potential breeding dogs for our program. Since our dogs are not career breeders and only have two or three litters, it is necessary for us to retain for the next generation of Spring Creek Labradoodle puppies.
- By 7 weeks of age the final payment for puppy is due and the signed health/warranty/contract.
- Puppies are ready for pick up after they are 8 weeks of age. If we are shipping to you, that date will be scheduled when pups are born and they will be sent between 8 and 9 weeks of age. We will not hold puppies past the 9 week birth date.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROVIDED WHEN ADOPTING A PUPPY
Worming treatments in addition to first vaccination (if requested, as we follow the minimal vaccination schedule by Dr. Dodds).
- Veterinary health exam at 7 weeks of age.
ALAA registration for labradoodle puppies. Your puppy will come with registration papers. You must become a member of the ALAA in order to transfer the registration papers into your name. Your purchase contract with us is not fulfilled until proof of spay/neuter has been provided to us. ALAA paperwork will not be transferred to customers until the contract has been completed and fulfilled.
Microchip and paperwork for ALAA registered labradoodles only. (We provide the chip, you register the chip and pay for theh lifetime membership with the company after you’ve received your puppy.)
“Your Doodle & You” breed history, info, and training booklet
Health Warranty/SpayNeuterContract. We offer a 2 year health warranty & contract. Our contract requires that you sterilize your puppy no later than 8 months of age. No exceptions will be made. Please make sure you are comfortable with this requirement before you purchase a puppy from us. Our contract will be enforced.
Puppy Health Record
Collar & leash, Nylabone or other quality toy
3 day supply of the puppy’s current food
EMAIL US FOR A DETAILED INFORMATION SHEET ABOUT THE PUPPY ADOPTION PROCESS AND HOW WE HELP FAMILIES END UP WITH THE PUPPY OF THEIR DREAMS.
IMPORTANT BOOKS TO READ BEFORE ADOPTING A PUPPY
We ask that every customer purchasing an Australian Labradoodle puppy from us read two very helpful and important books. The information will make a tremendous difference in the adjustment and assimilation of a puppy into your home. Many people have a false idea of how they should handle dogs, or what they respond to. Most dog issues are for the most part issues with people, not with the dogs. Please read:
- The Dog Listener by Jan Fennel (You can visit her website at http://janfennelthedoglistener.com/)
- How To Behave So Your Dog Behaves by Sophia Yin, DVM http://springcreeklabradoodles.com/dr-sophia-yin/