PUPPY ADOPTION PROCESS
- Complete our application and submit for us to review. We will discuss with you any questions we may have, and answer remaining questions that you have for us.
- Once you are notified the application is approved, we will hold a spot on the desired reservation list for three days. If a reservation fee is not received within three days, the spot on the list will be opened up to others.
- Your reservation & consultation fee will be applied to the adoption fee of $3,000.00 for your puppy.
- All reservation & consultation fees are non-refundable. If you submit a reservation fee, you are agreeing to wait for the right puppy match and acknowledging that you understand we have no control over non-pregnancies that may occur, exact timing of when a litter will be bred and due, and gender/color that may be born in a litter.
- A signed health warranty/contract will be required at the same time the final payment is due later. We require that you agree to sterilize your puppy by their 8 month birth date, no exceptions. Sterilization options include traditional spay/neuter, or ovary sparing spay and vasectomy. 2017HealthWarrantySPAYNEUTERContract
Click here for our PuppyApplication
PUPPY RESERVATION & CONSULTATION FEE- $500.00
We will accept personal check or PAYPAL for the RESERVATION & CONSULTATION fee. The final puppy fee balance may only be made by wire transfer.
PLEASE NOTE*** Reservation & consultation fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you are on a reservation list for a specific dog and the litter does not have what you’ve indicated wanting, then you will be moved to the next available reservation list. We do not have control over unexpected non-pregnancies, or how many of each gender or color are born in a litter. If you are not willing or able to potentially deal with a delay in receiving a puppy due to causes outside of our control, then please do not proceed with the process of reserving a puppy. Requests for refunds will not be considered, if you’ve submitted an application and consultation fee indicating you have read this policy.
Reservation & consultation fees are applied to the total puppy purchase fee.
To pay the reservation fee by PayPal:
To pay the reservation fee by check, please make payable to Spring Creek Labradoodles and mail to:
P.O. Box 427
Creswell, OR 97426
PUPPY ADOPTION FEE – $3,000.00. NO SALES TAX IN OREGON!
Initial reservation & consultation fee will be deducted from this amount when the final payment is due. Puppy adoption fee includes: ALAA registration, Microchip, first worming treatments, one or two health exams by our veterinarian, and a packet of starter items that includes a leash, collar, training treats, Nylabone chew, stuffed animal toy, and dog food. Please read our information at the bottom of the page that explains about puppy adoption fees and quality of dogs bred.
****PUPPY FEE for our F1B or F2 generation Labradoodle puppies is $2,000.00. This includes all the same things as with the Australian Labradoodle puppies.
PICKING UP YOUR PUPPY or HAVING US HAND DELIVER TO YOU
We look forward to meeting you and plan a group pick up date for each litter. The date and time will be set months in advance, so you have time to plan your schedule and make travel arrangements out to visit us, if you are further away than a car trip. It is a fun time to meet the other puppy families, see where the puppies have been raised, and maybe even see a little bit of beautiful Oregon! If you do decide to make a trip of it, we can recommend some great sightseeing options. *****If you plan a trip with children, the actual puppy pick up meeting is adults only. This is to ensure our group meeting goes smoothly and without distractions.
Should customers not be able to pick up their puppy in person, we do have trusted puppy transporters who can hand deliver your puppy to you. Customers who want hand delivery would cover the round trip airfare for the transporters flight, the airline puppy fee, and $250.00 for service. If you’d like to consider hand delivery, let us know as soon as possible.
HOW THE SPRING CREEK PUPPY ADOPTION PROCESS WORKS
- Submit an application. If you are submitting for a future litter that has not yet been bred, you will need to be flexible on timing as we can only estimate when the puppies will be available.
- Once we’ve approved an application, customers will be asked to send a deposit to reserve a puppy from the litter they are interested in.
- Watch the website availability page for updates. As girls are bred and we have that information available, we will put the expected birth date on that page.
- Review the information on our website to prepare for your puppy as you wait for the litter to be bred and born. This video on our YouTube channel visually walks you through all the things you need to prepare for your new puppy. HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR NEW PUPPY
- Once the litter is born, we will email out a birth announcement, picture, and information within 48 hours of the birth of the litter.
- Every two week birth date we will email out new pictures and information.
- We will do full assessments of the litter and when puppies are 6 weeks of age we will send each family information on the puppy or puppies in the litter that suite all the criteria they are looking for.
- Spring Creek reserves the right to select two puppies from every litter as potential breeding dogs for our program. Since our dogs are not career breeders and only have two or three litters, it is necessary for us to retain for the next generation of Spring Creek Labradoodle puppies.
- By 7 weeks of age the final payment for puppy is due and the signed health/warranty/contract.
- Puppies are ready for pick up after they are 8 weeks of age. If we are shipping to you, that date will be scheduled when pups are born and they will be sent between 8 and 9 weeks of age. We will not hold puppies past the 9 week birth date.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROVIDED WHEN ADOPTING A PUPPY
Worming treatments in addition to first vaccination (if requested, as we follow the minimal vaccination schedule by Dr. Dodds).
- Veterinary health exam at 7 weeks of age.
ALAA registration for labradoodle puppies. Your puppy will come with registration papers. You must become a member of the ALAA in order to transfer the registration papers into your name. Your purchase contract with us is not fulfilled until proof of spay/neuter has been provided to us. ALAA paperwork will not be transferred to customers until the contract has been completed and fulfilled.
Microchip and paperwork for ALAA registered labradoodles only. (We provide the chip, you register the chip and pay for theh lifetime membership with the company after you’ve received your puppy.)
“Your Doodle & You” breed history, info, and training booklet
Health Warranty/SpayNeuterContract. We offer a 2 year health warranty & contract. Our contract requires that you sterilize your puppy no later than 8 months of age. No exceptions will be made. Please make sure you are comfortable with this requirement before you purchase a puppy from us. Our contract will be enforced.
Puppy Health Record
Collar & leash, Nylabone or other quality toy
3 day supply of the puppy’s current food
EMAIL US FOR A DETAILED INFORMATION SHEET ABOUT THE PUPPY ADOPTION PROCESS AND HOW WE HELP FAMILIES END UP WITH THE PUPPY OF THEIR DREAMS.
PREPARING FOR YOUR NEW PUPPY
We have a YouTube channel with videos we will be sharing on everything to do with finding a breeder, raising your puppy, training, socialization, diet, health, & more! Check us out and subscribe to the channel to get notified each time a new video is shared! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbDF3_myXQ
IMPORTANT BOOKS TO READ BEFORE ADOPTING A PUPPY
We ask that every customer purchasing an Australian Labradoodle puppy from us read two very helpful and important books. The information will make a tremendous difference in the adjustment and assimilation of a puppy into your home. Many people have a false idea of how they should handle dogs, or what they respond to. Most dog issues are for the most part issues with people, not with the dogs. Please read:
- The Dog Listener by Jan Fennel (You can visit her website at http://janfennelthedoglistener.com/)
- How To Behave So Your Dog Behaves by Sophia Yin, DVM http://springcreeklabradoodles.com/dr-sophia-yin/